First Day of the Season
I hit the slopes with Rick for the first time this season. We hit Snowbird the morning after a storm and it was truly an epic snow day. Almost everywhere, we were floating in cotton, especially in gated-off areas. Several times, we felt the burn from "surfing" on our back leg, trying to our tips out of the powder. Incredible snow.
Everyone needs a day like this to get back in the groove.
Good company, good snow - what more can you ask for.
My 1/2 jump - pretty amazing, huh?
You might not think so if you saw the landing. Ha!
Ok, I threw another one up here for Aaron.
The snow on the backside wasn't as good because of the wind.

6 comment(s):
we are soooo jealous. we went skiing in michigan which means artificial wet snow, fog, and 3 runs an hour that last 5 minutes a piece (the other 15 minutes were to ride the lift to the top of the hill). no jumps either. and it was six hours away to get there.
sooo jealous.
you did catch some air though! hehe.
By
Restless Mom, at
1/27/2009 5:26 PM
sick move! why didn't you show the rest of your huge 720? i can't believe you pulled that fat air.
epic day, man, epic.
By
ricka, at
1/27/2009 8:02 PM
nice jump :)
By
Esther, at
1/27/2009 10:46 PM
Do you have more ski/snowboarding video? I want to show Aaron. He was amazed just to watch the skiers ski straight at the bottom of the bunny hill. Can't wait to show him your jump.
By
Aaron and Emily, at
1/28/2009 10:40 AM
I need to wait till next season so that my stomack is not sticking out too much... hahah.
By
Fuku_chan, at
1/28/2009 3:18 PM
SO JEALOUS...I can't wait to ski again. I may need to take baby steps - I can't wait for the temp to drop below 30C again!
The weather here is terrible for someone who misses the snow :<
By
Matt, at
2/07/2009 7:23 AM
Post a comment
<< Home