Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Holiday Cheer

The end of the year is closing in fast! I still have to spend hundreds worth of FSA money (this time because a baby decided to come the year after 2005). Hm... who wants band-aids and ibuprofin for Christmas this year?

Along with the deadline to spend FSA money and all the holiday festivities comes wedding season! First came Lamar and Jamie (and baby Daisia). They had a beautiful reception up in Millcreek canyon - the same Pipeline trail that you saw Wami, Hiro and I ride earlier in the summer. This was a long time coming but well worth the wait for everyone.

Then, David Crockett and his new wife, Carey. Man, Dave and I go all the way back at least to the 6th or 7th grade. I remember always hanging out somewhere between his house and mine - often jumping over the creek trying to catch tadpoles and stuff like that. Even better about his sealing and reception was that I got to meet up with Chris Hoge and family, Russ Simon and family and even Derek Karner, who was a high school friend but was not even LDS at the time. An amazing story. Of course, many many others were there too.

Lastly, we had our ward Christmas party. Lots of good food - they decided to go American traditional dinner this time. It was very funny to see the chinese people complain about turkey and ham. Haha. I thought it was pretty good. The highlight was a flashback of the Seamonkey's days. Wami and I represented the good ole boys. It was nostalgic but a little sad. I had to go through the nervousness of "debuting" all over again. We did the original japanese version of 4pm's Sukiyaki followed by the "translation" where I made fun of everyone for coming just for food. The response was overwhelming, even though I was terribly embarrassed and didn't sing very well at all. Man, it was a lot easier to have funnymans James and Jason with the pens and me just manning the chords. Ah - the good ole days.

5 comment(s):

Jerin! Have you thought about doing an HSA (Health Savings Account) for next year? Way better than FSA... you get to KEEP your money if you don't use it! But now that I think about it, normal insurance would probably be better for expecting families :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/14/2005 11:20 AM  

As far as I know, your company has to provide that option and ours doesn't. I asked at our last big company-wide meeting. Bleh. :| Thanks tho Lisa! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/14/2005 2:02 PM  

Hey, Wami and Jerin!!

Congratulations!! on the new coming baby. Bev just told us the good news! Keep in touch man!! do miss the "Seamonkey" time also. I wonder whether there will be someday can have a "3rd Ward" reunion?!

anyway, take care and take good care of Wami!! The little cute pregnant lady!

yours,
Abbey, Da, and Brennan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 5:59 AM  

is hiro wearing a little green doggie sweater!?! don't tell me you're those kind of dog owners that dresses their dog in weather/season appropriate outfits, sleeps in the same bed, and carries them around like a baby!?! hehehe oh that's us too!
Does hiro follow you into the bathroom?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 10:26 PM  

Dog owner?? We're parents! (I guess that's the whole problem.) But you have to admit - it's pretty darned cold these days. Yeah. Hiro pretty much goes EVERYWHERE we go. About the bathroom question. Uhhh... no comment.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/16/2005 12:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home