Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

May we all remember the reason for this season - the resurrection of Christ.

Here's a quick update. Wami and Taisei are doing fine. Taisei's like a human clock. After he finishes eating, he'll start to fuss exactly four hours later. Sometimes inbetween he'll fuss too, but for sure at four hours. Although you might not think so, I think he's cute. But he seems to have picked up Wami's genes - this weird phenomenon where his face warps in pictures. I'll call it the non-photogenic moon-face syndrome (NPMF - don't bother googling it). I serious - I can be looking right at Taisei and then at Taisei on my camera's LCD and he looks different! Wami has it too. I used to think that Wami had gained some weight during her mission, judging by her mission pictures. But now, I think it was probably just that her NPMF was more pronounced. Anyway, they're both cuter in real life.

Here's a picture where I think I eluded NPMF next to one where I didn't.


As you can see, he's got many looks. It's scary - he's changing so fast. The first big milestone is probably that he opens his eyes regularly now. He used to literally sleep, fuss, eat, poop, and go back to sleep. Now, after eating, he'll stay away, look around for a bit and THEN sleep, fuss, eat, poop. I still haven't figured out where pee fits into the pattern yet. That part seems to be magical, appearing out of nowhere. Wami claims she's heard Taisei in action before. I've actually seen it in action several times during changing, but never heard it.

Before I complete my blithering, I have to take a moment to thank everyone. Our ward has been simply amazing. The amount of food we've been given - wow. We hardly have space for all the containers that we need to return. We've been getting gifts from so many of you - thank you thank you. And so many of our friends that we've met through work, the neighborhood, Craigslist, and places all around the world - Japan, Taiwan, Hawaii, DC, Cali, Washington, etc - THANK YOU. And of course, our family. So many have already come all the way out to Salt Lake City to congratulate us and see new Baby Taisei. When Wami and I can get our acts together, we hope to be able to thank you properly. Until then, may you all be blessed with prosperity and joy.

ps. look forward to updated picture albums - I'll try to get around to that later today.

2 comment(s):

Hey, I think I suffer from NPMF, too. I think some people spend hours in front of the mirror so they know just exactly how to pose for the camera. I think Taisei looks adorable in both pictures! And I'm sorry to hear about Wami's rashes. I can't offer any advice you haven't heard before, because I too have *only* suffered from eczema and hives. Josh and I may be in Utah this summer; I will definitely let you know when!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 9:22 AM  

Hey guys, congratulations on the new addition to the Yu family. Great site!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home