First Halloween 初めてのハロウィーン
とうとうやってきました、アメリカの子供達の最大イベントの一つ、ハロウィーン!
去年は、日本にいたこともあり、見逃しましたが、大成だけではなく、私も, またヒロも初めてのハロウィーンということもあって, 一緒に楽しみました。仮装して、Trick or Treat!
「お菓子くれないと、いたずらするぞ!」といって、一軒一軒のドアを回ります。
ヒロは、タキシードを着て、大成は、パパが猿ファンということもあって、お猿に扮装。お気に入りのエルモのかごをもって、回りました。最初は、パパの腕に抱かれて、何をするのか分からず見てるだけでしたが、あとから、自分で、ドアまで、歩いてもらいにいくようになりました。チューインガム、チョコレートなど、ほとんど、まだ食べれないお菓子(というかまだ食べさせてない)ばかりでしたが、たーくさんもらいました。もらったお菓子の中でも、チーズがヒットでした。
Here it comes! One of the most exciting events for American kids, Halloween! Baby Taisei (6 m.) and I missed last year because we were in Japan at that time. It's Taisei's 1st time, and mine also. And Hiro, too. I was as excited as Taisei to go to each door! Monkey Taisei held an Elmo basket out for candy at each door.
Because Daddy's a monkey-fan, Taisei was a monkey. Hiro wore a tuxedo. At first, Taisei didn't know what was going on and just stayed in Daddy's arms. Later, he figured out what to do. Following his older friends, he went to each door to get candies. Most of the candies are not yet edible for him, like chewing gum and chocolate (actually, he probably could, but we just won't let him eat that yet). String cheese was a perfect treat at one of the doors for Taisei!


14 comment(s):
Jerin,
In the picture, you looked more excited than Taisei! I wonder if the lady at the door was picking out all the gums and chocolate bars for YOU?
By
Unknown, at
11/02/2007 9:15 PM
And...your lovely canine reminded me of the superdog. I know it was a tuxedo he was wearing, but it looked like a cape from that particular angle. Hee Hee Hee~~
By
Unknown, at
11/02/2007 9:19 PM
Taisei looks so ADORABLE in that monkey suit! Where did you guys find such a cute Halloween costume?
I miss the Halloween atmosphere in America. There's no place here where we can take Rainny to go trick-or-treating except the church. Little Rainny didn't get to wear any costume this year,but she definitely will next year! Haha... : )
By
Nicole, at
11/02/2007 10:53 PM
You guys had so much fun!!!! We took Ailing to join a little children parade held in our village and took her home waiting for giving out the candies. We are looking forward to taking her out to explore next year though! Amber
By
Amber(怡文), at
11/03/2007 8:29 AM
Wow, Taisei is a cutie! I love his costume so much!
By
kaori, at
11/03/2007 11:45 AM
those photos are great! Taisei is super duper cute!
By
grace, at
11/03/2007 2:15 PM
where did you get that fat monkey suit? i've only seen unpadded monkeys. very cutey!
By
Michelle, at
11/03/2007 3:03 PM
I found it on OldNavy.com and I LOVED it right way! Later, I found it for half price on Craigslist. Yay! I'm very happy about my first attempt at Halloween.
By
Wami, at
11/03/2007 9:53 PM
I miss the cold Hallowe'ens when you can dress them up in cute, bulky, cuddly costumes like Taisei's monkey costume!
By
Nate and Mags, at
11/04/2007 1:20 PM
John and I were just looking at your pics. Taisei looks so great. That is the best monkey costume I have ever seen. It even has a little banana sticking out of the pocket!
Hey, Taisei looks so much like Jerin in that pic where he is standing out on the grass with Hiro. I'm glad you went with a monkey his first Halloween.
By
Esther, at
11/04/2007 11:27 PM
cute little monkey!! =)
By
ZhaoKids, at
11/05/2007 3:06 PM
I have the cutest nephew ever.
By
Aaron and Emily, at
11/05/2007 5:14 PM
Yet another comment that is out of the place.
Jerin,
You are OK. This is another book that I was able to finish early. The one I am working on is still looking pathetic. I do need your pictures,though, buddy.
Now I think about it, March is a wishful thought...oops!
November 12, 2007 10:21 AM
By
Unknown, at
11/12/2007 10:23 AM
Super-stalker Allison coming to stalk on Yu's.
By
Unknown, at
11/14/2007 1:21 PM
Post a comment
<< Home