Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Monday, August 27, 2007

2007 Corporate Games Victory!


"Each year thousands of employees from companies of all sizes across the Wasatch Front compete in the Corporate Games. Sponsored by Salt Lake County this Olympic-style experience encompasses over 30 different events and sports."
- Salt Lake County Rec

L-3 won the Corporate Cup again, with the L-3 basketball doing their part by winning the gold and chipping 10 points. Selfishly, I'm just excited to finally obtain the elusive 3-on-3 championship!


Basketball fans read on.
Last Wednesday, we went up against 12 other companies in a double elimination tournament - first team to 24 by 2's and 3's, winner's ball, and free-throws after 7 team fouls. By default, I was the captain for the basketball team. Our 5-on-5 team has traditionally had a tough time with this tournament. This year, there was such a huge turnout (over 25 signees) that I had to hold a tryout. I got permission to organize two L-3 teams - one for official points and one just for fun. Cutting a few people was no fun. Unfortunately, our team 2 didn't fare so well. They lost their first game. Our team played well, not allowing any of the first 4 opponents to score in the double figures. We ran into resistance in the semi-finals where we played the champs of last year, ARUP. It was a close game, tied up all the way until 16-16. But ARUP was fouling hard and at 16-16, ARUP went into the penalty (too many fouls). We didn't miss a free throw, quickly ending the game at 24-16. ARUP then had to play the awaiting team in the loser's bracket. They won, but by the time they came back to play us for the finals, they were spent. L-3 ran away with the title, finishing the last game 24-6. We got a gold (colored) medal and a T-shirt for our prizes.

Now that we have the regular winter season and the 3-on-3 tournament in a bag, I think it's time for me to retire. ;)

5 comment(s):

Congrats! I'm a little confused though, was this 3 on 3 or 5 on 5? Or both?

Dude, I haven't played since we lost in the semis months ago. The guys at work will only play racketball. I've been learning but I really miss b-ball!

By Blogger Michelle, at 8/29/2007 6:34 PM  

3-on-3. But it's just not the same without you. We should've done a tournament with the Kensington 1 boys. That was some chemistry, eh?

By Blogger Jerin, at 8/29/2007 10:07 PM  

very cool. good job.

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 8/31/2007 10:55 AM  

way to represent bro...when you visiting HK?

By Blogger david, at 9/02/2007 4:09 PM  

Hey I'm proud of you bro! Just like Dad, winning the basketball tournaments ...

By Blogger Esther, at 9/04/2007 3:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home