Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Taisei Day #3

Of all the things I've missed since the last post, there's one thing I can't fail to mention. Happy Birthday to Taisei (back in March)!

We really stretched it as far as we could this year. Taisei's playgroup friends came over for a little party. We actually let the parents leave and braved 12 toddlers for a couple of hours. It actually wasn't so bad. Several volunteers stayed behind to help. The only problem is that at his age, kids don't understand why only person gets gifts and they don't. Poor kids. :( I hope we get to give them gifts back too.
They celebrated in nursery (at church) too, but he seemed a little confused about what was going. Still, all the kids had a good time.Wami used Taisei's birthday as an excuse to go to the Cheesecake Factory. At least Taisei did get a cake and song. :) He definitely enjoyed the food too. This boy loves going out to eat.
When I compare these pictures with those from just a year or two ago, it's clear that Taisei has grown up quite a bit. It almost seems like he grows on me more and more, even though that's how I felt right from the beginning. Now I can understand why people say funny stuff like "you'll always be my baby." That's exactly how I feel. He might not be immobile, putting everything in his mouth, or babbling like a baby anymore, but he is still my baby. The change between the bachelor life, married life, and parenting is dramatic. But the biggest change is definitely life as a parent. And I definitely wouldn't go back if I could. We love you, Taisei!

7 comment(s):

Happy belated birthday to Taisei! (I can't believe he is not a little baby anymore!) He sure is getting bigger (and cuter). I love that picture of him in his "joyful" shirt, you know T-Shirts don't ever lie. Hope we get to see your beautiful family more often!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5/08/2009 8:00 AM  

happy birthday taisei!

he looks so grown up! and he is looking more like your wife every day. i really like his joyful shirt, i might have to copy that in one of my designs. shh, don't tell anyone where i got it.

By Blogger Michelle, at 5/08/2009 8:11 AM  

I was amazed at how much he looked like a "big kid," just from growing more in the few months leading up to his birthday. Wow, it's incredible that he's really three now. We have so much fun with him.

By Blogger Esther, at 5/08/2009 9:39 PM  

Happy belated birthday, Taisei! Can't believe he's 3 now! Time really flies!

What a cute and touching post about your baby Taisei! Being a parent is definitely the most difficult job in the world, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else, either! : )

By Blogger Nicole, at 5/10/2009 10:31 AM  

Happy belated Birthday! I wish we could all be there! Ailing loves to play with Taisei!

By Blogger Amber(怡文), at 5/10/2009 10:21 PM  

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys. I feel like they're for me. :) It's good to know some people still stop by. I'll try to do better.

By Blogger Jerin, at 5/13/2009 11:14 PM  

Happy very belated birthday Taisei!

By Blogger Jarvis, at 6/25/2009 10:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home