TOH - Kitchen Project #2 Completed
These are not the greatest pictures, but I'm just not motivated enough to go get better ones. Here's the new sliding glass door (that's insulated - yay) and the new back door (that's insulated - yay).

Here's the new Hardie fiber cement siding - waterproof, impervious to bugs, and weather. And it looks like wood. In 20 or 30 more years, someone will probably find something wrong with it, like the materials are poisonous for bees, or it kills the ozone, or something like that. We don't have asbestos that I know of, but I'm sure we have lead-based paint in those walls. We might as well put in something else man-made that will harm the next generation.

I still need to paint the Hardie part of the siding. So far, I've primed and painted the wooden trim to protect it from the seemingly endless rain this summer. I need to nail up the coax that lovely Comcast left draping everywhere for us. Lastly, I need to fix a leaky roof. You know - minor stuff.
3 comment(s):
Looks really nice!
By
Esther, at
6/23/2009 11:12 AM
You are a really talented handyman, Jerin. Wami must be really pleased with all of your hard work. :)
By
Unknown, at
6/23/2009 12:21 PM
wow, great job Jerin! I'm so jealous of your radiant heated floors! I wanted to do that so badly to our house in VA. oh well. I love how the kitchen has turned out. I hope it makes a HUGE difference this winter!
By
Beverly, at
6/23/2009 7:38 PM
Post a comment
<< Home