Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

噂してたら。。。

あと一週間くらいで、四ヶ月になる海莉(みれい)。 なんと、今晩、バウンサーに寝かせておいてた時、いきなり上半身を起こして、座ろうと。。。これには、ちょっとビックリ! まず、一回やって、また、やって、一生懸命、体を腕で起こし、座ろうと。 その後も、コツを自分でつかんだのか、10回以上、続けて。 赤ちゃんの成長の早さを目の当たりにして、素直に感動してしまった私。。。(涙) (ごめん、超親バカで。)

実は、今日、海莉を膝の上に座らせてくれていた友達が、「この子、首を起こしてる。座ろうとしてるみたい。」と。 彼女と、「お座りきっと早いだろうね。」と話していたばかり。そして、その晩、本当に、それが起こったから、すごく不思議!

とにもかくにも、赤ちゃんって、ほんとに、どんどん成長するんだね。。。(しみじみ) 一ヶ月、一週間、一日、全然、違った表情を見せてくれる。 だから、その一瞬一瞬を見逃さず、育児を楽しんでいけたらなーと、ほんと実感した日でした。


Both kids have been growing up a bunch. It's impossible to keep up anymore. A quick one in the video today - Mirei's been threatening to really start getting active. Today, while sitting on her bouncer, she suddenly put her elbows back and fully sat up from a reclined position. Taisei and I saw it and immediately called Wami over, but Mirei had already relaxed back into the bouncer. Thinking it was a fluke, we sat for a while and watched with a video camera. Then, she starting trying again and finally got it again! We captured that second one in the video above. Then, she did more than 10 additional sit ups. Just like any other silly parent, we filmed and swooned over each and every one. The only problem now is that we can't recline her against pillows and things like that anymore. She immediately pitches forward and face plants into the ground. Yikes. Maybe I need to let her smack once or twice for her to figure out that she needs to take it easy. :) Oh, we could get a helmet for her. haha. At least she'll have a six pack before she even turns 1. :| By the way, she is now 3 months and 3 weeks old.


A blurb on Taisei this winter: He's been skiing three times this winter. Each time this year, we've gone to Chickadee at Snowbird. The first time, he still leaned all over me and sat on his bum every time he had a chance. That time was disaster because I had to use a snowboard while grandpa used my skis. It was impossible to stay beside him and I didn't have other helpful equipment, such as the kid-leash, and the wedge thingy. The second time, we went with his girlfriend, Rachel, where she had already learned to wedge and started skiing without the leash for the first time. Lucky for us, since we got to use the leash. Taisei was pretty impressed with Rachel and wanted to show off, so he quickly learned to balance on his skis. Whenever he thought she was looking, he tried extra hard, and it showed. He improved quickly and could stand up on his own after just a few tries. On the third trip, just this last weekend, Taisei only fell once or twice when he was trying to make sharp turns. He could balance on his skis the whole time and even learned how to slightly turn left or right. He could aim where he wanted to go, so long as the destination was still far off. One time, I accidentally dropped the leash and he took off down the hill at top speed. It was a scary moment for me, and I felt like the folks in the Vancouver Olympics' Cross Country event. I had no poles, so I skated as fast as I could on my skis to catch up. I caught him just before he flew out of bounds. Everyone on the ski lift watched in terror and then laughed a sigh of relief when I got him. Luckily, Taisei never knew what happened. haha! Anyway, so just three trips and he's totally standing up and skiing already. His next step is to wedge so he can gain control. That'll take a bit of leg strength. Then learn to turn a little faster. Taisei's now three years old, and turning four at the end of this month.

9 comment(s):

holy cow - check those abs out!

By Blogger Leasha, at 3/03/2010 12:25 AM  

so cute!

By Blogger Winnie, at 3/03/2010 10:38 PM  

That was so fun to watch, partially because of the excited parents and brother in the background. :)

By Blogger Esther, at 3/04/2010 12:00 AM  

and what a cute story about taisei

By Blogger Esther, at 3/04/2010 12:02 AM  

wow, she's strong! I LOVED hearing Taisei laugh so hard when she leaned back again.

That's cool that he is already skiing so well! Did you get him his own skiis? We were trying to decide when to start Adele on it, she really wants to learn. We have a little ski mountain here but only just the one. And I think we still would have to pay for her.

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 3/04/2010 9:40 PM  

Nevermind, It's free for kids 6 and under, and 7 dollars for adults on the beginners only lift. I just need to figure out skiis for her. Maybe next season. We had bad snow this year. El Nino did not come to us, so we had less rain/snow.

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 3/04/2010 9:44 PM  

Just rent skis - should be about 10$ each time. If you buy em, they'll be like 80$. But kids outgrow sizes quickly. Remember that kids will only tolerate 2 or 3 runs before they want to go do something else. We try to keep it fun, but beware. That's the case with everyone I know. If you can, borrow skis and then just walk up the slope. Also, the leash and the wedge tool are very important for confidence building! I like the screw ons better than the Velcro kind.

By Anonymous Jerin, at 3/04/2010 10:38 PM  

I want to bring little H to skiing next season, but I am not that good of skiier... So, luckky Taisei, who has a dad that ski really well.

Mirei sounds like to be moble soon.. moble two little kids is very interesting to chase after. Yeap, be ready if you can. hahaha.

By Blogger Fuku_chan, at 3/18/2010 9:24 PM  

Cute! Cute Video- I love how all of you guys got so excited! She will be getting into things in no time!

I was going to say... we should have you take Luke on the leash to learn how to ski (he would learn a lot faster than taking lesson) but then I read how you almost lost Taisei..... so now I am rethinking things.

:-) La

By Blogger LaReen, at 3/22/2010 10:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home