Happy 5th to Taisei - AAARG!
To Wami's delight, Taisei decided to stick with the pirate theme for his 5th birthday. I think (kid's) birthdays are becoming the tradition that we're most consistent and diligent with. I worry about spoiling the kids, but we've hopefully been successfully teaching that fun and celebration trump the gifts and new toys. One nice thing is around birthday time, Taisei starts to become very obedient and compliant. Go figure.
Just before the guests arrive.
Taisei's helping with the props.
Home-made pirate cookies and goodie bags.
Mirei's dressed for the occasion.
Party guests have arrived! They've each just made swords and are now waiting in line to get tattoos and eye patches.
Party time!!
Taisei explains the intricacies of pinning treasure while wearing eye-folds.
Wami's slowly filling the table with treats.
Walking the plank. Unfortunately, I was probably a little too descriptive in my explanation of gators and sharks. The girls all opted out of playing.
Pirate ship cake! Things were too hectic and I didn't capture ship while the canons were fire.
Thanks to all those who have helped Taisei have yet another wonderful birthday!
Just before the guests arrive.
Taisei's helping with the props.
Home-made pirate cookies and goodie bags.
Mirei's dressed for the occasion.
Party guests have arrived! They've each just made swords and are now waiting in line to get tattoos and eye patches.
Party time!!
Taisei explains the intricacies of pinning treasure while wearing eye-folds.
Wami's slowly filling the table with treats.
Walking the plank. Unfortunately, I was probably a little too descriptive in my explanation of gators and sharks. The girls all opted out of playing.
Pirate ship cake! Things were too hectic and I didn't capture ship while the canons were fire.
Thanks to all those who have helped Taisei have yet another wonderful birthday!

8 comment(s):
Oh wow, that is an amazing party! It was decorated SO cool. I love the cake, Wami, you are amazing. I can imagine the candles all lit and "canons firing." And the girls opting out of plank walking is SO funny! Jerin, you were always good at telling believable scary stories. Maybe it was all the practice you had on your little sisters.
By
Aaron and Emily, at
4/09/2011 3:17 PM
Wow, wow, wow! This is an amazing party. I love it - all the creative games, the decorating, the gorgeous cake, and Taisei's obvious enjoyment. Great job, Dad and Mom!
By
Esther, at
4/09/2011 9:19 PM
Oh, and Mirei looks adorable.
By
Esther, at
4/09/2011 9:20 PM
Beautiful job on the birthday party!
By
F Montierth, at
4/10/2011 4:24 PM
You guys always wows me on the birthday party! You guys are amazing parents! And I am so happy to see some updates on your blog ;) I should check more often here and other kids ones!
By
kaori, at
4/14/2011 10:13 PM
Don't you guys feel old now? Just kidding :) :)! Great job on the party! Ephraim loves pirates, too. I don't know how boys pick up on these things. It is so weird that they all like the same stuff... and how girls have extra sensory princess power, able to sniff out princess paraphernalia from far, far away. Happy Birthday, Taisei!
By
Michelle, at
4/19/2011 5:41 PM
@Am
I guess my stories are scary to little kids?
@Kaori
Wami never had any parties growing up, so she's making up for it. I keep wondering if it's a healthy habit.
@Michelle
I bet it's the marketing to the kids. If we went to Mexico or Japan, they probably wouldn't be quite so into the pirate thing. Or Somalia. heheh
By
Jerin, at
4/20/2011 9:31 AM
Jerin, I gotta say young children's birthday party are for the moms! lol Cole's birthday is not until June but since Christmas, I have been thinking about it. (lol) I don't think it is a bad habit - as long as you don't throw a birthday party every quarter!
By
kaori, at
4/20/2011 7:10 PM
Post a comment
<< Home