Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Two Birthdays in November

A few things that just can't go any longer without a formal post here.  For you few remaining loyal blog followers, we want you to be the first to see the official announcement:


Yes, we're expecting!  We never really said anything.  So there it is.  Some new special spirit is going to have her birthday sometime around November 23rd, Thanksgiving Eve.  Compared to past pregnancies, Wami's feeling pretty pregnant this time.  She's had some Braxton Hicks action, and feels heavy and tired a lot of the time.  We're anxious to have this one out, even though I'm not sure if we're mentally prepared to have another addition to the family yet.  We're a little worried about how Mirei's going to take it.  She hasn't been thrilled about mama holding other people's babies.  Please let us know if you have some advice on how to handle it.

And the other birthday was a special 0-2 for Mirei.  She had her second birthday on 11/11/11, the only time that will happen in her lifetime.  We had a small informal get together with some of her friends.  Wami made a yummy Anpanman cake for her - the same as the one Taisei had.  The kids all loved it.



Here she is playing with a few of her new gifts, the hat, and play bed.  I'm pretty sure it's not for you to sleep in!


Happy birthday, Mirei.  We love you.


11 comment(s):

Wow, congratulations, Jerin! This is so exciting! (Happy belated birthday to Mirei) I hope that Wami has a smooth delivery. Please post more pictures of the new baby when the time comes. I love your family! Best wishes!

By Blogger Unknown, at 11/14/2011 9:14 AM  

Catching up on your blog. :-) at 12:19AM.
I love reading about your kids. They are too cute.
Hope delivery and everything goes smooth.
Miss you guys
-La

By Blogger LaReen, at 11/14/2011 9:21 AM  

Jerin - I just saw something on the Facebook and had to come read about what is going on. First of all... CONGRATS!!! It's very exciting and without knowing... she is already full term!!! Wow! I am really really excited for you guys. Please make sure to let us know when you are in time next ;)

By Blogger kaori, at 11/14/2011 9:28 AM  

PS - Wami-chan, you look so good! :D

By Blogger kaori, at 11/14/2011 9:29 AM  

Wow, great to see our friends are still around. :) You guys even managed to beat my family here. I'll have to do better getting updates on here. Check back soon!

By Blogger Jerin, at 11/14/2011 10:39 AM  

too many comments from me,huh? well, i just noticed i had a typo... i meant... please make sure to let us know when you are in town next!

Also - Happy Birthday Mirei! She is already 2 years old???

By Blogger kaori, at 11/14/2011 11:11 AM  

She's so cute all squished up in that bed! Did she get our birthday song? We left a message on your phone. What a special birthday, we were happy we had a family member who got to be a part of 11/11/11. In fact, we had talked about the date and then later I mentioned Mirei's birthday to Adele and she said "Mirei is born on Veteran's day?!"

By Blogger Aaron and Emily, at 11/14/2011 11:21 AM  

@Kaori, I just found a typo in most post, which is worse. So we're even. ;) The most you comment the better!

@Am, we got it. Sorry, we had people at the time, so Mirei was distracted too distracted. Adele's such a smarty pants. Thanks for the call!

By Blogger Jerin, at 11/14/2011 1:14 PM  

Dang it, another typo. The MORE you comment, the better.

By Blogger Jerin, at 11/14/2011 1:14 PM  

So exciting! Congratulations!

By Blogger Eric & Gretchen, at 11/14/2011 4:10 PM  

For some reason the comment I made earlier this week didn't save. Errr!! I am sad I missed Mirei's second birthday but as always, everything looks wonderful. I'm excited to meet Little Yu #3 - wow, so soon!

By Blogger Esther, at 11/19/2011 12:30 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home