Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

NOT the DOG!

For all the skeptics out there - it cost us 25$ (and the insurance a lot more) but we now know for a fact - WAMI IS NOT ALLERGIC TO DOGS! Which is a good thing because if it was Hiro, then Wami was going to just live with her skin rashes for the rest of Hiro's life. ;) We went to a really good allergist this morning - Dr. Alan Bitner. He was very empathetic and listened to our story. He even set us up with his dermatologist of choice. He also didn't think the rash was psoriasis, which would be GREAT news. We'll find out for sure on Monday.

The test was pretty cool. I wish I got a picture. They drew about 30 dots on Wami's back and then dropped extracts of everything (about 30 drops) - from weeds and trees to oyster and dog. Then they poked the skin where the drop was sitting. Wami had no reaction to any of the things! YAY! No allergies at all. So the skin rash has nothing to do with allergies anyway. I hope Taisei can get her reactions and not mine. I get hay fever, itchy eyes, congestion - stuff like that. In fact, while the nurse wasn't looking, I scratched my skin and dabbed some of the stuff from Wami's back onto myself. Guess what - I'm allergic to cats! I knew that one already - but I wanted to try it out. Sure enough, it swelled up and got itchy for about an hour after that.
I should of tried the dog. haha

Anyway, Hiro's safe in our home. I'm glad all the doubters were wrong. And Monday we get to see a dermatologist who specializes in "weird skin things."

2 comment(s):

Jerin! You are the best husband ever! You put other husbands to shame!!! (lol) You are taking care of Wami so good and hopefully she feels better soon. I am having the hardest time finding good doctors around here, so I am glad you found one ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2006 8:18 PM  

Hey,
I've had that allergy test before. They drew a grid on my back before putting the dot in the center of each. More than half the dots swelled up past the grid mark (mostly grasses and cats). The allergist was really surprised. He hadn't seen such strong allergic reactions to so many things in a long while. And I was really itchy all day ... but nothing like Wami of course. I'd take my small complaints over all that suffering any day. I hope they figure something out for Wami, fast. It took me 5 dermatologists to figure out that for some reason, moving to Utah triggered Eczema NOT Tinea Versicolor or something else. So that gives me hope that one of these doctors, hopefully Dr. Bitner, will get Wami to the right solution. If not, if you're ever in Provo, maybe you should drop by and see Dr. Eyre, the one that actually got the diagnosis right.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/17/2006 11:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home