Where oh where?
... did our little boy go?
Today, Taisei asked his mom not to send his cute frog spoon in his lunch box anymore. He said it's "hazukashii" (embarrassing). We knew we couldn't send food in his cute bento anymore, but even the utensils, now? He refuses to be Peter Pan for Halloween, and he checks his hair before he walks out the door. He wanted to have flashing Sketchers just like his friends have. Only, he never said he what he wanted exactly. He just kept saying he wanted to drop by the Sketcher outlet on the way home from school. Taisei? Wants to go shopping? I had a feeling something was up. Sure enough, once we got in there, he knew what he was looking for.
It's only first grade, but already he's reminding me of how it was to be in high school! Are kids growing up fast now or what? He's stopped telling me he can't wait for his driver's license, but he does say that he wishes he had a cell phone. I'm pretty sure that's more about playing games than about making phone calls or texting. At least there hasn't been mention of girls. He's still willing to eat his rice balls and Japanese bento lunches at school. He's even got some friends who've wanted to try his food. Hopefully he doesn't start asking for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
___
Mirei got sick today. I got home from work and she was just lying there on the couch. I measured a 38.5 C. (Uh oh, i just looked it up and realized that's 101. I'd better check up on her...) It's hard to see our perpetually happy girl down. I realized at that moment how much of a cheerful little girl she is. Always smiling and always laughing. I'm pretty sure Taisei was like that too. We have to remember that he's still our baby too and let him have fun at least for 10 minutes a day. Then, back to homework and lessons. haha!
___
Leina just got her first tooth. It's pretty late, but she's been eating away regardless. It came just in time for my mom and dad, who were in town briefly on a training trip. And you know what else? Leina is walking! Well, starting to, anyway. Unlike Taisei and Mirei, Leina's been trying her best to walk ever since she was born. September 15, she stood up for good. Since then, she's been shuffling her feet trying to take steps. She's now brave enough to take about 4 before she plants down on her bum. She doesn't totally have the coordination and balance to walk yet, but it's coming slowly. She seems to be persistent. Mirei and Taisei, on the other hand, were chicken. They completely had the coordination and balance before they finally manned up and took their first steps. Taisei decided that crawling was still better for a while. But once both of them decided they wanted to walk, they took off in every direction and could not be stopped. Leina will get there. But I'm content to let her crawl and develop her hand eye coordination a little more. I'm sure the next time I post about them, she'll be off and running. I just want to enjoy my babies while I still can.
Today, Taisei asked his mom not to send his cute frog spoon in his lunch box anymore. He said it's "hazukashii" (embarrassing). We knew we couldn't send food in his cute bento anymore, but even the utensils, now? He refuses to be Peter Pan for Halloween, and he checks his hair before he walks out the door. He wanted to have flashing Sketchers just like his friends have. Only, he never said he what he wanted exactly. He just kept saying he wanted to drop by the Sketcher outlet on the way home from school. Taisei? Wants to go shopping? I had a feeling something was up. Sure enough, once we got in there, he knew what he was looking for.
It's only first grade, but already he's reminding me of how it was to be in high school! Are kids growing up fast now or what? He's stopped telling me he can't wait for his driver's license, but he does say that he wishes he had a cell phone. I'm pretty sure that's more about playing games than about making phone calls or texting. At least there hasn't been mention of girls. He's still willing to eat his rice balls and Japanese bento lunches at school. He's even got some friends who've wanted to try his food. Hopefully he doesn't start asking for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
___
Mirei got sick today. I got home from work and she was just lying there on the couch. I measured a 38.5 C. (Uh oh, i just looked it up and realized that's 101. I'd better check up on her...) It's hard to see our perpetually happy girl down. I realized at that moment how much of a cheerful little girl she is. Always smiling and always laughing. I'm pretty sure Taisei was like that too. We have to remember that he's still our baby too and let him have fun at least for 10 minutes a day. Then, back to homework and lessons. haha!
___
Leina just got her first tooth. It's pretty late, but she's been eating away regardless. It came just in time for my mom and dad, who were in town briefly on a training trip. And you know what else? Leina is walking! Well, starting to, anyway. Unlike Taisei and Mirei, Leina's been trying her best to walk ever since she was born. September 15, she stood up for good. Since then, she's been shuffling her feet trying to take steps. She's now brave enough to take about 4 before she plants down on her bum. She doesn't totally have the coordination and balance to walk yet, but it's coming slowly. She seems to be persistent. Mirei and Taisei, on the other hand, were chicken. They completely had the coordination and balance before they finally manned up and took their first steps. Taisei decided that crawling was still better for a while. But once both of them decided they wanted to walk, they took off in every direction and could not be stopped. Leina will get there. But I'm content to let her crawl and develop her hand eye coordination a little more. I'm sure the next time I post about them, she'll be off and running. I just want to enjoy my babies while I still can.



6 comment(s):
Love that last picture of you and the kids. Leina just barely got her first tooth! Wow. My kids all get it at 6 months. Taisei is funny! I am glad he doesn't want pb and J for lunch every day. My kids are like that and their eating habits drive me nuts. But at least they like rice balls too. Well Adele is opposite and I have to remind her to brush her hair in the morning - sometimes we run out of the forgetting to brush it (yikes!) Of course, she hasn't had anyone make fun of her hair yet...
By
Aaron and Emily, at
10/16/2012 1:40 PM
What a poignant blog post. I am sad for Mirei that she is sick today; she really is a happy child. I love playing with her. Taisei definitely had the same disposition at that age. They both have a gentle, teasing sense of humor that manifests in different ways and is part of what makes them so lovable and unique.
Ah, that is sad that Taisei grew out of his frog spoon, and is growing out of being a child. I'm glad I got to see Leina in her first stages of walking.
I love that parting shot. Did Wami take that picture?
By
Esther, at
10/16/2012 4:59 PM
wow, Taisei sounds like a high school kid for sure. hahaha. Kids grow supper fast. I guess we all miss small cute kids in our arms sometime.
By
Fuku_chan, at
10/29/2012 9:14 AM
So did he get the flashing Sketcher's?
By
Esther, at
11/11/2012 9:22 PM
Skechers, I mean.
By
Esther, at
11/11/2012 9:23 PM
Skechers, I mean.
By
Esther, at
11/11/2012 9:23 PM
Post a comment
<< Home