Mother's Day 2012
Happy Mother's day! I have the influence of two amazing mothers in my life - my mom and my kids' mom. Thank you and love you both!
I wrote this last night:
Leina just started rolling over both directions, left and right. And she can get back to her back again too. Isn't that fast? It was just Friday that she figured out how to get onto her stomach for the first time. My baby's going to be a genius. (Take lessons on how to be Oyabaka. See next paragraph for more.) I'll see if I can upload a video one of these days.
Today we propped her up and found out that she can sit up for quite a long time as well. It was a repeatable experiment so it wasn't a one-time fluke. My baby's a prodigy at rolling over and sitting up. ;)
We had a huge Diamond Day (local baseball league fundraiser) at our neighborhood park. Considering there are 4 leagues (T-ball, Coach pitch, Minor and Major), there were a ton of people. It was cool be part of some neighborhood action. I signed up to be an assistant coach but I had no idea what a big deal it would be. I got my own UnderArmour embroidered shirt and everything.
Here they are calling each child's name and letting them run to home plate.
Mirei strikes again. At the Diamond Day, Mirei took a dive into the picnic table. This bruise showed up just a few hours later. Ouch. It's actually even more colorful today.
Oh, the week of Taisei's Spring break, we joined the minivan club. Actually, all my peeps from back in the Asian 3rd days will remember my Nissan "Sportsvan" Quest. We had lots of good adventures in that baby. Now, we're gonna have more. Except we'll only be able to fit 2 more people outside of our family of 5. But you've got one too already don't you? On our next quest, we can show everyone what a caravan really looks like. Will all my minivan peep stand up!? Ok, I'm being silly. The Lexus got sold this week. It's been a long time coming. My dad bought that puppy brand new back in 1990 - the first year of the Lexus. It's served us well, but now with over 200,000 miles has been passed on to some immigrant dude from Iraq. I think they were excited to get it. I'm excited not to have to fix the water pump and air conditioner - probably $1500 worth of work. (Yes, of course I told him about the problem. ;)
Goodbye Lexus.
Hello Honda Odyssey. This is my first Honda. I did have a used Legend and it was a total lemon. I come from a Toyota family, so if I have bad luck a second time, goodbye Honda.
I wrote this last night:
Leina just started rolling over both directions, left and right. And she can get back to her back again too. Isn't that fast? It was just Friday that she figured out how to get onto her stomach for the first time. My baby's going to be a genius. (Take lessons on how to be Oyabaka. See next paragraph for more.) I'll see if I can upload a video one of these days.
Today we propped her up and found out that she can sit up for quite a long time as well. It was a repeatable experiment so it wasn't a one-time fluke. My baby's a prodigy at rolling over and sitting up. ;)
We had a huge Diamond Day (local baseball league fundraiser) at our neighborhood park. Considering there are 4 leagues (T-ball, Coach pitch, Minor and Major), there were a ton of people. It was cool be part of some neighborhood action. I signed up to be an assistant coach but I had no idea what a big deal it would be. I got my own UnderArmour embroidered shirt and everything.
Here they are calling each child's name and letting them run to home plate.
Mirei strikes again. At the Diamond Day, Mirei took a dive into the picnic table. This bruise showed up just a few hours later. Ouch. It's actually even more colorful today.
Oh, the week of Taisei's Spring break, we joined the minivan club. Actually, all my peeps from back in the Asian 3rd days will remember my Nissan "Sportsvan" Quest. We had lots of good adventures in that baby. Now, we're gonna have more. Except we'll only be able to fit 2 more people outside of our family of 5. But you've got one too already don't you? On our next quest, we can show everyone what a caravan really looks like. Will all my minivan peep stand up!? Ok, I'm being silly. The Lexus got sold this week. It's been a long time coming. My dad bought that puppy brand new back in 1990 - the first year of the Lexus. It's served us well, but now with over 200,000 miles has been passed on to some immigrant dude from Iraq. I think they were excited to get it. I'm excited not to have to fix the water pump and air conditioner - probably $1500 worth of work. (Yes, of course I told him about the problem. ;)
Goodbye Lexus.
Hello Honda Odyssey. This is my first Honda. I did have a used Legend and it was a total lemon. I come from a Toyota family, so if I have bad luck a second time, goodbye Honda.





3 comment(s):
Ezra had a scape on his chin too but we don't even know how he got it.
What year Odyssey is it? So many of my friends love that van. It just made the list of "top ten" family cars, and the Sienna wasn't even on that list. I bet you will love it... especially the ROOM!
By
Aaron and Emily, at
5/14/2012 2:23 PM
Poor Mirei - her mind is so far ahead of her body that she thinks she is far more coordinated than is the case.
That picture of Leina is adorable.
I still remember going to the dealership with Dad and Mom to buy the car. I then read about the Toyota Way and what a landmark the Lexus was in their history. It's pretty amazing.
Taisei is very busy. Are you going to be adding piano to the mix soon, too?
By
Esther, at
5/15/2012 2:58 PM
Am, we hope we like the Odyssey. It's a 2003 (older) but with only 69k miles. So, it's like a 5-6 year old vehicle for a pretty good price. It's pretty obvious, at least in Utah, that the Sienna fetch a higher resale value than the Odysseys. So I don't know about the reviews, but the Siennas are much more sought after. Plus, there seem to be a lot more happy Sienna owners at work than Odyssey owners. I've already met 2 that really dislike their Odysseys. We'll see. The transmission does seem to be a little iffy, and that's a big deal.
Yeah Es, we just need to hurry and find a piano teacher! He's going to have to let something go, but it's hard to do since he's pretty good at everything he's doing. :(
By
Jerin, at
5/16/2012 11:06 AM
Post a comment
<< Home