Congratulations to Me!
I have done all I can do. I have finished all of my MBA applications. It was truly a grueling process, including preparing and taking the GMAT, writing almost 10 pages of essay per school, asking for 2-3 recommenders per school, and gathering transcripts, resumes, and other things I thought I'd long left behind.
What follows will just be psychological torture - waiting for decisions (or at least interviews invitations). My only hope is that the absolute worst thing doesn't happen - that I don't get accepted into any of my choices. It would be back to the drawing board with one big negative: I would have to inform my recommenders and all those that helped me that their time was in vain. One recommender told me he spent 10 hours on the three recommendations that I asked him to fill out. I also know that my supervisor at work was totally wiped out once from staying up all night to fill out a recommendation.
So please, please let me in! I don't mind reapplying next year, but I don't want to bother everyone else again!
The decision deadline is the end of March. So after that, I'll let you know if we're going somewhere. If I don't mention anything, then you may assume the worst. :)
What follows will just be psychological torture - waiting for decisions (or at least interviews invitations). My only hope is that the absolute worst thing doesn't happen - that I don't get accepted into any of my choices. It would be back to the drawing board with one big negative: I would have to inform my recommenders and all those that helped me that their time was in vain. One recommender told me he spent 10 hours on the three recommendations that I asked him to fill out. I also know that my supervisor at work was totally wiped out once from staying up all night to fill out a recommendation.
So please, please let me in! I don't mind reapplying next year, but I don't want to bother everyone else again!
The decision deadline is the end of March. So after that, I'll let you know if we're going somewhere. If I don't mention anything, then you may assume the worst. :)

8 comment(s):
Good luck!!! Hopefully you get into an East Coast school...:)
By
andrew, at
1/31/2007 5:39 PM
Good luck! Hopefully you get into a WEST coast school!!
By
Aaron and Emily, at
2/01/2007 2:58 PM
Good luck, Jerin. I also have to vote for the west coast school ;)
By
kaori, at
2/01/2007 6:12 PM
Way to go! I have finished almost all of my apps....
By
00, at
2/02/2007 4:32 PM
Best of Luck !!! Hope you get in what you want to go! I second what Andrew say, come to the east coast so we can party!!! hahaha
(our kids can party too!)
By
ZhaoKids, at
2/03/2007 8:52 PM
I'm excited for you Jerin. You have little need to worry, you'll probably be accepted to each place you applied. Your only worry will be, "OK, now, which one?"
What did you use to prepare for the GMAT? Was it useful?
By
Jens, at
2/13/2007 8:53 AM
Thanks for all your support. My fingers are still crossed.
I used the Princeton review for the verbal stuff. That was really good. Their math review, however, was inadequate. The real questions were harder than the ones in Princeton's practice.
A friend of mine highly recommended the Kaplan review. You could check that out if you're thinking about the GMAT.
By
Jerin, at
2/13/2007 7:28 PM
So what schools did you send applications to? I hope Notre Dame was one of those. We could get our football ticket together. I've started to study for the GMAT as well and it's fun stuff. No target date on taking it yet but we will see how it goes.
By
Kevin, at
2/16/2007 11:00 AM
Post a comment
<< Home