Home Alone
Canned chili and chips. Frozen pizza. Frozen lasagna. Sandwiches. These are the lazy meals of one who has abruptly reverted from blissful family life back to unwelcome bachelorhood. No, there are no marital problems or anything so tragic. In fact, it's only temporary. Wami took Taisei back to Japan for about 7 weeks. Taisei hadn't seen his Japanese grandparents thus far and I wanted them to bond early on. So I agreed to a seven week stay with me staying behind for work. They're a third of the way into their trip. Grandparents are happy to have their grandson and daughter back at home. Wami and Taisei seem as happy as ever too.I suppose I've been in "blog denial." It's been quiet here, just Hiro and me. We've been taking walks, catching up on some house chores and relaxing. While I'm at work, Hiro has learned to roam at home alone without causing any trouble. Because of our past experience with uninvited intruders, all of our neighbors are notified and ready to alert us of any unusual disturbances. At least two of our directly adjacent neighbors work from home. And Hiro goes nuts when strangers come around. So don't even think about it! (Last time it was someone I knew.)
Overall, I miss Wami and Taisei very much. Every time I talk to them on the phone, I can hear that Taisei has grown. And without Wami around, I realize how much she does for me. My absent-mindedness is returning. I forget things when I go places, I can't find my keys,
I don't know where things are. Actually, my absent-mindedness never left - it just wasn't as apparent with Wami cleaning up after me. heheh Please pray for the safe and speedy return of my wife and child!

7 comment(s):
Wow!! Home alone for 7weeks?? I don't know how you could do it. Hopefully time will pass quickly so your wife and son will be home soon.
By
Tanya Sio, at
10/11/2006 12:35 PM
I feel you man! I figured I could last it out too but it's kinda getting sucky now! At least I only have like 2 weeks to go you got over a month left?
At least you're doing better than me in the eating department. Before I knew it I had an actual pile of receipts for fast food places on the kitchen table! If I had a camera I'd have posted it on my blog too!
But hey be happy and look at the video's I put on my blog. If that can't brighten your day at least a little I don't think anything will till wife and child are home.
Also I still owe you a dinner. I was thinking tomorrow (Friday)? I'll call you. Your choice I think? I chose Winger's the last time.
Also when Kazumi comes back we'll have you over for dinner sometime so you and Hiro can hang out with Loa and you can bring Him in instead of having to leave him in the car or at home. Besides Loa needs to hang out with Hiro too I don't want my child to be afraid of dogs and I think by now he should able to know whats up at least for a little bit.
Hang tight man!
By
Keoki, at
10/12/2006 7:58 AM
well I wish I could come over and cook you a meal. Wanna buy me a plane ticket to Utah?
By
Aaron and Emily, at
10/12/2006 1:16 PM
Note: I had to change the brand of chili to the kind I'm actually eating - Cattle Drive Chili. Mmmm - it's actually pretty good! As for better than fast food... it's debatable.
Am, sorry - for the price of your ticket, I could probably eat pretty good. :)
By
Jerin, at
10/12/2006 8:54 PM
Jerin, it's not that wami's gone that you can't eat well, it's cause, like Mark, you guys can't justify making a great meal for just one person to enjoy.
I thought you'd be at the grill everyday now!
Well, hang in there Jerin. 7 weeks is a lot of time for Taisei to grow up. I heard somewhere that at their age they're able to remember things for upto 6 months. So he'll still remember who his daddy is! But I bet he'll be fluent in Japanese when he gets back!
What are Wami and Taisei doing in Japan besides hanging out with family?
By
Beverly, at
10/13/2006 11:26 AM
Let me guess...you bought the Cattle Drive chili at Costco? Actually, it sounds like all the food you're eating is from Costco - Hooray for Costco and ready-made food!
By
andrew, at
10/14/2006 3:53 PM
Yeah Bev. It's true. I could cook. But I'm definitely not in the mood to do it for myself. I've offered everyone a free cooked meal if they come over but so far, no one's been that brave.
Wami and Taisei are mostly shopping and visiting old friends and family.
Yes Dru - Costco's Cattle Drive Chili is yum! I also got some of their Aussie Pies. Thank goodness they don't really taste like the meat pies down under. ;P
By
Jerin, at
10/17/2006 6:38 AM
Post a comment
<< Home