Finally Winter
This entire year has been uncharacteristically warm until this weekend. I think we finally made it down to our daily average temperature. It totally dumped yesterday. We had to hurry and get our rear-wheel drive (scary for driving in snow) out of the driveway so we could still get around with our 4-wheel-drive. I barely made it out of the driveway without hitting the sidewall! It's days like these when you're grateful for 4-wheel-drive.
Taisei LOVED his full body snow suit.
My mom said it was mine, passed down from my cousin - so it's like 30+ years old! I got a kick out of seeing Taisei, stiff as a board, trying to run around in the snow.
Today, we took full advantage of the beautiful day and fresh snow. On our morning dog-walk, we grabbed our sled just in case. It was a perfect day with many others doing the same thing. I LOVE
living where we do - the old neighborhood, friendly people, beautiful vistas and close parks.We also put up lights and our first family Christmas tree. (Yeah, I know - there are some missing lights outside and we haven't decorated the plastic tree yet.) It still feels festive though, even if we didn't cut a real tree. Maybe when Taisei's older. We're exciting to decorate for our first Christmas in Utah. It was a simple, yet fulfilling weekend.

17 comment(s):
I just read your e-mail, then came to check this out. I love the pics and update. Looks like you three were having a really great time in the snow. That's awesome you had an old snowsuit for Taisei. It makes it more fun. I was excited when Adele fit into my old Halloween costume that I've saved all these years.
By
Esther, at
12/02/2007 11:53 PM
I kind of like the missing lights on the house. I was wondering if that would happen when you said you had to string them before testing them.
By
Aaron and Emily, at
12/03/2007 1:48 PM
What a beautiful tree you have! Looks like you had a lot of fun in the snow.
By
Unknown, at
12/03/2007 2:17 PM
I don't miss the cold weather but I miss all the fun I had with snow. I bet Taisei had so much fun with it ;)
By
kaori, at
12/03/2007 3:34 PM
Taisei sure looks like he's (not) enjoying the sledding too much. At least not the snow flying up in his face! :)
By
andrew, at
12/03/2007 4:22 PM
Ha! At first, Taisei got mad whenever the sled stopped and we had to walk back up. But he learned to enjoy being dragged around in the sled just as much as going downhill. Eventually, he just wanted to be the one pulling the sled.
Ugh, it snowed the day after we plugged in the lights, so OH WELL. I'm not risking my life to fix them.
By
Jerin, at
12/03/2007 4:33 PM
Wow...I have no idea it's snowing this much in Utah! Must be freezing coldddd over there... The weather is still like 55-60 degrees here in Taiwan in December. I think we're gonna have a pretty WARM Christmas this year compared to last year in Utah...haha! But I do miss the snow though...I think a Christmas wouldn't really feel like one without the snow. You guys are lucky! : )
Those are really cool pictures you guys put on your blog! I can't believe Taisei is wearing your old snow suit! That's really neat!
I love your Christmas tree,too! It's so pretty! Love it, love it, love it!!! I can't wait to find out what Santa is going to give Taisei for Christmas this year!Ha! : )
Adam and I bought a 4' tall Christmas tree( it cost $5 only) and we're gonna put it in our room and start getting creative with it!
By
Nicole, at
12/03/2007 8:51 PM
That looked a lot of fun you guys had! Virginia first experience with snow last week wasn't so great! She pretty much cried the whole time while we were in the snow. Now, let's have a trade. Let's have Virginia teach Taisei how to enjoy eating and have Taisei teach Virginia how to enjoy snow! :)
By
Amber(怡文), at
12/04/2007 11:09 PM
Hi Jerin,
I left a message for you at my (almost-abandoned blogspot) house. Would you like to come over and get it? Thanks!
Have a good one, my friend!
Allison
By
Unknown, at
12/06/2007 9:25 AM
Looks like fun! Aside from the shoveling part. ;)
By
Anonymous, at
12/06/2007 9:17 PM
That's a good idea Amber! Let's see if they can make a trade. There's going to be TONS of snow this weekend!
Shoveling's only fun if your whole family's outside playing in the snow with you. :)
By
Jerin, at
12/07/2007 8:58 AM
real sledding on a real hill. what a concept! we're only *slightly* jealous about that, but are downright envious of the fact that you have skiing within minutes.
the closest downhill skiing we have? a landfill 4 hours away in wisconsin!
enjoy your utah winter, guys!
By
Restless Mom, at
12/07/2007 12:33 PM
Sounds awesome!!! Let us know if you take Taisei play with the snow next time, we'd love to join you guys!!! By the way, our home phone got some problem, if you ever contact us, call Charles' cell phone or email us. :)
By
Amber(怡文), at
12/08/2007 9:18 AM
Looks fun guys! Let's get together soon!
By
Stephanie, at
12/10/2007 6:34 PM
Hi, the Yu's, the Dao's is happy to hear from you, too. Your blog is like a central station that connects ALL other blogs. It's exciting to find out that babies are just popping out everywhere! Taisai is so adorable! He wore the monkey outfit for Halloween just like Timothy did. It will be interesting if these two ever meet up, maybe at BYU? Keep in touch!
By
the Dao's, at
12/12/2007 9:49 PM
thank goodness for 4-wheel drive & so jealous that you guys have snow! it's great that taisei fits your snow suit. we're having a normal corpus christi winter...not so cold...warmish. it just got cold again yesterday around the 50s/60s- the 1st time was around Thanksgiving.
By
grace, at
12/14/2007 8:06 AM
hahahaha I love the pics of Taisei in the snowsuit! I wish you had a video of him waddling around in it in the snow! I gotta find me one of those for Evan so I can laugh at him. hehehe
hey aren't you due for another meeting in DC soon?
By
Beverly, at
12/17/2007 12:23 AM
Post a comment
<< Home