Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Back to Reality...

The fun part of it anyway. Taisei's growing like crazy and Wami seems to be gaining more energy every day. Saturday seemed to be a milestone for Taisei. Suddenly, he seemed to begin staying awake and content for several hours straight. He makes more facial expressions and more goo-goo ga-ga noises that day. By the way, I'm hoping Taisei might be a genius - the cool kind, like Einstein - not the socially retarded kind, like most of the others (Bobby Fischer, etc). The first thing Taisei ever said was "go" while Hiro was sitting next to him. That means "dog" in Chinese! Woah! And that was at about 5 weeks. His tones were a little off though, so we need to work on his Mandarin a little bit.

On May 6th, we took the scouts for a 5 mile hike in Fruit Heights. The girls came along too. They are almost more enthusiastic about our events than the boys are! It was a really nice hike. Good views mixed in with cool shade and streams, a little rock climbing, and a finale with a beautiful waterfall. Amria, who's eight years old, made it about 3/4 of the way by herself, so it's not too bad. I highly recommended it. It's off of highway 89, starting from a small road on the right side. Ask me if you want more info.

May 20th was a big service day. The youth pulled tulip bulbs and planted flowers at Temple Square. They were treated to a big formal lunch in the Beehive house and then watched the new movie showing in the Joseph Smith building afterwards. It was another outside day for Taisei.

This weekend, we just did the same 0ld, same old - another wedding. ;) I talked to a buddy of mine this weekend - Tom, who's now in North Carolina. Me on the phone: "Oh we're driving down to Provo right now." Tom: "Let me guess. You're going to a wedding." He was right. That's the favorite Utah passtime. Nice food. Old friends. I shouldn't downplay it. It was Daniel Hsieh's wedding. A really good friend. I got to see Jack and Sarah too. There were also many others from the good ole days-Gary, the Thompsons, Sunny Chen & her new fiance, Jonathan (congratulations!). There are benefits to being part of the asian clan down there. You stay close, no matter where you are. It's family. We also got to see our summer friends Yeon Ju, Denny and their new baby Luca (think Suzanne Vega). And we got to see Esther & John's new place in Lindon. Wow - really nice! They took their time to get this place and it was worth it. Go family!

Here's a peaceful Wami and Taisei.

4 comment(s):

Taisei has the cutest little head.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/01/2006 4:07 PM  

What's a booby baby? Taisei's most fav thing in the whole wide world?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2006 1:00 AM  

Very observant. Yep - it's his favorite.

I noticed that I liked the "breastfeeding tickers" better so I switched. But their only pictures of babies had that text on them. It's better than a picture of a naked woman feeding her baby. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2006 10:37 PM  

Looks like Taisei is having a lot of adventures nowadays.

I love pictures with Wami and Taisei. You are such a good cameraman, Jerin!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2006 9:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home