Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

No More Drama

For two straight years, I overbid my Flexible Spending Account (FSA) by a LOT, leading to a mad scramble in December to try to make good use of that money. This year, the money was gone by March and anything that I spend from now on out is going to be out of my precious post-tax money. If you're lucky enough to get pregnant at the end of the year, or plan to do some major work (like a root canal or LASIK) the next year, then you should be able to set it up pretty nicely. But then you still don't know if you're going to have a C-section or undiagnosable case of rash(es). I should be grateful - if I hadn't set up the FSA, then the $1000 (or so) I spent on the pregnancy would have actually costed at least $1300 pre-tax dollars. Many people don't take advantage of these kinds of tax breaks (for those of you reading this, have a real job in the U.S., and don't know what I'm talking about. ;)

As for undiagnosable rashes, we met with Dr. Powell again yesterday. The good news is that the biopsy revealed no parapsoriasis. There was no bad news from the doctor, except that there's a chance it may come back again with another pregnancy. But reading a little deeping into the story, the real diagnosis is still "I'm not sure what's going on, so there's a possibility this could happen again." He looked mystified at how the rash still flares up in pimply patches every few days or so. But he prescribed some even stronger topical steroids to help control it. Things really are looking better and Wami's sleeping better, so we're happy regardless. I hope this is actually the end of the saga and things continue to get better. There are signs pointing either way, but most importantly, I can tell that Wami is really starting to enjoy spending her time with Taisei.

Oh - by the way, the very next day, Taisei drank from the bottle. We find that he has to be calm and just getting to that hungry stage. All about timing. That way, when we give him the bottle nipple, he'll take it. If we wait until he's already fussy, he only wants MOMMY! We'll keep trying and let you know how it goes.

Here's a happy Taisei.


2 comment(s):

I am here again! Oh, my goooosh! Taisei is soooo cute! I can see you in him in this picture.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 7:36 AM  

Jerin! Okay, I have this job right now being a personal assistant to this lady who has started her own company. Anywayz, the company she has started is called MiraCell. She basically developed this product that helps your skin. They have a website at www.MiraCell.com . I've tried using it here and there, and it works well...maybe you guys should try it for her rashes. At the very least, check out the website. She's in the process of launching the product in Walgreens, Rite Aid, and a couple other places. Call me if you have any questions!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/26/2006 2:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home