Mr. Mom For 3 Hours
Wami and I finally made it out to celebrate her first Mother's Day. She (and I) had been craving this for a while now - Famous Dave's. We LOVE BBQ! One of my goals this summer is to learn to really use the grill. I think ribs and steak are first on the menu.I spent the weekend patching holes in the kitchen. Some contractors came and sprayed compression insulation into our kitchen add-on's walls. Salemen can be goobers. A 1 hr job actually took the entire morning. And a few "tiny holes" turned out to be 20+ holes, 3 inches in diameter - not trivial for an unhandy guy like me. But even though they only did the ceiling and one wall, it's already a huge temperature difference. Everybody - insulation is NOT overrated. :)
Wami went to Kazumi (Inoue->Sing)'s baby shower (yay, Taisei's first childhood buddy is coming soon) and I watched Taisei for the first time myself. It was a pretty scary experience. I was in the kitchen, working on the holes and Wami called about 3 hours later. Taisei hadn't made a PEEP the whole time. He slept soundly in the swing, which was in the next room. I got worried after the phone call and went to check. His feet, hands and cheeks were all cold. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. "Is he breathing?" Frantically, I pulled him out. Luckily, he started squirming immediately. Then he pooped - which always takes place in a very violent manner. Everything was alright. But I'm going to be much more careful to keep Taisei warm from now on. Yikes!

"gooo.... gaaa...." = please don't do that again, daddy!

11 comment(s):
Good job for watching Taisei for 3 long hours by yourself!! I am sorry for the scary experience while Wami was gone. Jeremy was calling me all the time when I started going out by myself. Oh, actually, it was your wedding reception when I left Baby May with Jeremy for the first time!! I can't believe she is already 3. Time flies...
By
Anonymous, at
6/06/2006 11:08 PM
not quite sure who taisei looks like... u or wami? and by the way, happy 3 year anniversary!!!!
By
Anonymous, at
6/07/2006 12:57 AM
Thanks for the comments on our blog. Actually, I chose the colors on the blog...
You have a great blog after which we are attempting to model ours! Thanks and see you soon!
By
Anonymous, at
6/09/2006 10:53 AM
Grilled food is one of the main food groups here in Wisconsin. If you want some tips, let me know. I make some killer ribs. If you want a great grill book, I've got some suggestions.
By
Anonymous, at
6/10/2006 3:54 PM
Hey, Jerin, how do you set your comments page to look like this? I'm thinking about doing the same to my page.
By
Anonymous, at
6/10/2006 3:56 PM
About the ribs - yes, please do share your secrets! I am a total novice. My first step was just learning to control the heat in my charcoal BBQ. I think I've got that down. What else can you teach me? And what book(s) do you recommend?
About the comments - I'm not sure what the difference is. I got that same question from Kaori, whose blog's comments also pop up in a seperate window like yours does. Did you create the blog from www.blogspot. com? That's where this one originated. I haven't seen any options for customizing it either way. You could try looking at the source to see if the links do anything different.
By
Anonymous, at
6/12/2006 10:59 AM
I have a link to my favorite grill book in the latest post on my site. It pretty sweet and has great pictures and recipes. Click on the link and if you buy it through the link a portion of the proceeds supports "feed a poor medical student with 2.5 kids foundation." Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate your thoughts.
By
Anonymous, at
6/13/2006 7:28 AM
we miss your posting!
By
Anonymous, at
6/13/2006 6:14 PM
hey jerin, did you forget that your blog was put together by us? hehehe the template is actually not from blogspot. we got your template online from a blogger that posts templates they they've created. you have a link to their site on the right in the gray box. click here if its too much of a hassel to look for it :) most of the ones he's created has the comments set up this way.
By
Anonymous, at
6/16/2006 11:58 PM
OOoooh! So it's part of the "template" html code? That explains why there are no settings. Well, hopefully my last commented helped - look at the source! It might not be easy to dig through, but the answer is there. Or see Bev's link! :)
By
Anonymous, at
6/18/2006 12:11 AM
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
By
Anonymous, at
6/20/2006 2:27 PM
Post a comment
<< Home