Yu Have Come to the Right Place.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Final Farewell 最後のお別れ

Today, I went to say a last good bye to President Hinckley with Jerin and Taisei. It was a short good bye, but it was a very spiritual moment.

Until I saw him, I couldn't really feel that he had gone to Heaven. His face looked calm and he looked bright. While looking at him, the thought entered my mind was that he had been worked very hard until the end. I was moved to tears just thinking about it. I would like to be a little kinder, a little more patient, and a little more diligent.

President Hinckley, thank you for all that you left behind for us.

Wami


今日、私は、家族3人で、ヒンクレー大管長に最後のお別れをしてき
ました。それは、ほんの短い間でしたが、とても霊的な時間でした。

ヒンクレー大官長を見るまで、天国へ行かれたことがほんとに実感できませんでした。穏やかな顔をしておられ、光輝いて見えました。このお体で、最後の最後まで、一生懸命働かれたのかと思うと、胸がぐっときて、涙が止まりませんでした。 今までよりも、もう少し思いやりをもって、もう少し忍耐をもって、もう少し勤勉に、頑張ろうと思いました。

ヒンクレー大官長、たくさんのものを私達に残してくれてありがとう。

和美

4 comment(s):

We did not go to the viewing because of the bad weather and freeway traffic, but we watched the funeral services on TV this morning, it was a tender spiritual experience, I was extremely touched when I saw people who lined the street wave canes to pay tribute to President Hinckley.He was loved by so many.

By Blogger Unknown, at 2/02/2008 9:23 PM  

The funeral was on FIVE channels here in Utah. When we went to the viewing on Thurs, there was only about a 10 minute wait to see him. What a surreal experience. On Friday, I passed by on the way home and I was stunned. The entire conference center block was a line. All the way around the building and wrapped up several times. You think Disneyland is packed? People were not even able to cross the street to stand in line because the lines completely filled up all of the sidewalks and corners where the crosswalks were. My friend said it was a 3 hour wait. Even conference does not fill the center like that. What overwhelming support from his people.

Wami made it to the funeral today with a friend. They used up all the tissues that they brought. I took Taisei/Hiro and walked over to the dog park which was literally right next to the private funeral. I stayed on the opposite side of the fence, of course. They had bagpipes and a private family/friends gathering of about 150 people, lasting about 45 minutes. Even though I couldn't hear what was being said, it was still very touching.

By Blogger Jerin, at 2/02/2008 10:49 PM  

Some ward members drove up to the viewing, and they waited for 3 hours outside of the conference center. Once they got in, it was another 2 hours wait. But it was all worth it, they said.

President Monson is now our new prophet. I love him just as much. He has always been a wonderful storyteller. I think he will do a great job leading us in this troubled latter-days.

By Blogger Unknown, at 2/04/2008 9:25 PM  

i was only able to watch parts of the funeral this Saturday when we headed to a friend's with satellite tv & the BYU station. i was so moved by it! President Hinckley truly had such a special place in all of our hearts. and what a special opportunity that you were there!

By Blogger grace, at 2/06/2008 12:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home