Tagged again...
Pauline's making me do this, but I don't mind b/c it makes for an easy subject... me!A. The rules of the of game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names and then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and that they should read your blog. I'll think about this, but I might break this rule...
10 years ago....
My roommates were Sean, Yuuri, and Randy. We rented home on the west side of Provo. I was dating Leslie! :O Is it ok for me to say that in the public? We were having a grand ole time, but my grades suffered a little. It was my second year in BYU' Computer Engineering program and it was turning out to be no walk in the park. That was compounded by the job I had at Nuskin's technical division called "BigPlanet." I was doing telephone service over the phone for BigPlanet's ISP service. I remember the girl sitting next to me once asked "What's a modem?" haha! Now that everyone has access to the internet, do we all know what a modem is?
5 things I need to do today....
1. Catch a 3-hour train ride across a foreign country using a foreign language by myself.
2. Manage to buy some food and make some monetary transactions without looking too stupid.
3. Kiss my wife and son to death because I've missed them so much in the last few weeks.
4. Hug my wife and son some more because of the same reason.
5. Go to bed really early.
Snacks I enjoy...
* Ice cream
* Chips and salsa
Hm... how funny - this is the hardest one for me to answer. Bottom line is, I'm not a big snacker and I require variety. Besides ice cream, if I were to list it on this list and eat it often, it would quickly fall off this list. Sorry Wami! She knows I can be hard to feed because I get sick of food so quickly. But at least she knows I'll try and like just about anything. At least the first time.
What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire...
* Invest the majority of it (including tithing)
* Buy myself my first laptop and the camera lenses that I've been wanting
* Pay off all of my family's houses
* Start some businesses
* Move to a beach home on the west coast or on an island
* Invite you all to come over for a pot luck dinner in my new home
3 of my bad habits...
* I get to bed late and sleep in very easily
* I get attracted to absolutely nothing on te TV
* I get stressed if my plans don't go as planned
5 places that I lived... (I think I've already answered this one)
* Meinz Germany
* San Jose, CA
* Sydney Australia
* Provo, UT
* Salt Lake City, UT
5 jobs I've had...
* BigPlanet CSR
* Baskin Robbins
* San Jose Mercury News paperboy
* Warehouse loader
* Software Engineer
5 things people don't know about me...
This is getting long, no?
* I can do backflips and back handsprings
* I can generate and blow bubbles using my tongue and some saliva
* I'm glad that Taisei doesn't have my hair b/c I never liked mine much
* Even though I'm 5'8", I've always considered myself more like a social 5'11" or 6' even. Weird, huh? Yes, I believe your height in society is different from your physical height.
* I don't have any tatoos. You didn't know that for sure, did you?
Ok guys! Please go tag yourselves, so I don't have to do it for you, OK? This would be particular easy for those of you that are struggling with your new year's resolution to post once a week/month. ;)

14 comment(s):
Oh my goodness, Jerin, this post brought back so many good memories! I remember that old house you guys rented in west Provo.( I can't believe that was 11 years ago!!!) And of course I remember that lady you dated back then.
One of your roommates' friend later became our home teacher at the Asian Ward.
And I have to agree that things have changed dramatically over the past decade, modem is not new anymore, and I am sure there will be a lot more 21st-century vocabulary show up in the dictionary for the younger generations.
Absolutely enjoyed reading this post, I am glad Pauline tagged you. Thanks for sharing the bubble blowing secret...You've got talents!
By
Unknown, at
3/15/2008 8:30 PM
I liked it better when you lived right by me on "Condo Row."
Also, it's weird to realize I don't really like the snacks you chose, considering how we are sibs. I will eat both if they are in front of me, and someone scooped the ice cream, but I never crave it. I like to snack on cereal, I guess. In the last couple years, I've started snacking on yogurt drinks and cheesecake. Yeah, I make cheesecake a lot. I know, bad habit but it's still my favorite dessert.
I've always thought your hair looked nice. I've also had people tell me over the years that I have a good-looking bro when they see your pic. I guess I never pass that on to you because I agree and I take it for granted.
Glad you and family are reunited again. I particularly miss my little buddy Taisei. :)
By
Esther, at
3/15/2008 11:17 PM
We're in the same country right now? Nice! Have fun changing money. Our currency blows right now :( Using the ATM makes the pain a little better because you don't see what you're exchanging your money for...until you see the statement :)
By
YourFriendMark, at
3/16/2008 4:05 AM
oh that's so sweet how much you miss Wami and Taisei.
I hope you are having fun in Japan. Hey, how long were you in Houston? Did you know caleb and elizabeth moved to Houston in Jan?
I like ice cream SOOOO much too. More than most people... that's a thing we have in common. We can't get sick of ice cream.
I always think of es when I eat cheesecake (this is in response to her comment).
Is that why you spend so much time on your hair? I thought it was because you loved your hair, not the other way around. Samuel has your hair, I think.
I hope you become a billionaire. i would love a new house.
By
Aaron and Emily, at
3/17/2008 4:13 PM
Ha, Am, that was funny. Remember Mom told you that you got hives because you ate too much ice cream, once?
I just had some cheesecake. Yum.
By
Esther, at
3/18/2008 12:18 AM
it wasn't really THat funny because then I missed out on eating ice cream. I believed her for a long time.
By
Aaron and Emily, at
3/19/2008 1:22 PM
Thanks again for letting us stay at your place. It was great to hang out and catch up. Playing ball was good too... definitely need to get in shape!
Dude, so if you were a billionaire you'd make us all bring food to your mansion?!? (see "potluck")
By
Michelle, at
3/19/2008 7:45 PM
You're in Japan? Just down the road from us. Have fun there!
Hey, I was driving to work a couple of weeks ago, and as I made a right turn trying to avoid all of the j-walking pedestrians, I noticed that a couple of those j-walking pedestrians were your mom & dad! Ha! That's the second time I've ran into them (not literally, thank goodness) in Taiwan (the first was at a stake activity). I didn't have time to say hello, but next time I'll try.
We'll be back in SLC in a month for a visit. Hope you're not on the road at that time.
By
Adam ....with Nicole and Rainny, at
3/24/2008 8:00 AM
Haha - you caught that, Jay. Yep. How else can I get everyone's home cooking? I figure eating Ruth's Chris all the time when you're rich must get old.
Adam and Nicole - one of the last times my parents were here, didn't we bump into you on 700 East as well? Weird stuff.
Oh boy, modems sure are different today... but most people wouldn't know much about that. :)
I LOVE ICE CREAM! Yeah Es, I definitely have rarely craved cheesecake myself. Oh well. We can save the stuff we don't want for each other. ha! Yes Am, my hair is impossible to control, unless I want it to stick straight up.
Marky-mark! You guys are/were in Nippon? Prolly not anywhere we were though. Tokyo? But not permanently yet, eh? Yeah, the rate was down to 95 when we were there. Ouch!
By
Jerin, at
3/25/2008 2:42 PM
I have been checking your bolg. But I did not see new post till now. I wonder why. May be I added the blog on my faborite and it goes to same articles over and over. Dahhhhh! I cannot beilive I did not find out earlier?
By
Fuku_chan, at
4/01/2008 7:17 PM
Hey Jerin,
Thanks for having a blog and help some old friends to see how you are doing. Your blog site has made me attempt to start my own blog. It is rather skim in content at the moment... but once I get the hang of it, it will grow.
Hey if you know of any other RMs... send me their links. I would love to be able to catch up with RMs from the past.. I'm going through a nostalgic moment in my love, and seriously love anything that is a "Blast from the Past"
Cheers,
Jean and Hsu family.
By
Unknown, at
4/04/2008 7:06 AM
Lived in Germany huh? That's cool,(my sister was born there).
What were you doing in Germany?
By
Anonymous, at
4/05/2008 10:56 AM
Mum's birthday is actually in July, but it is the only photo of our family that she approved :P
hahha.. I'll let mum know that she haven't changed. I'm actually getting a little freaked out, I think I'm starting to look more like her everyday.
BTW are there any missionaries you guys still keep in contact with? Or that are on your blogs. If so let me know, I would love to visit their sites or email them to catch up.
And yeah Zaoh served in Bankstown... it seriously is such a small world!
By
Unknown, at
4/05/2008 11:47 PM
I am in the midst of potty training my son who happened to just wet his 4th undies for the day. I decide to wind down by browsing some old friends' blogs. It's funny that I see my name on yours. I am hoping that there will be a big reunion when we all send our kids to BYU.
By
the Dao's, at
4/14/2008 1:20 PM
Post a comment
<< Home