Striving for Truth
Measured objectively, what a man can wrest from Truth by passionate striving is utterly infinitesimal. But the striving frees us from the bonds of the self and makes us comrades of those who are the best and the greatest.
-Albert Einstein
-Albert Einstein
Is it possible to ever recognize truth when you have found it? I'd like to think that I would know. And I believe I do know, but I can't say it's something that I don't need to continually study and try to understand. What I do know is that what I believe to be truth does make me "comrades of those who are the best and greatest." Einstein's quote reminds me of something Sean and LaReen told me, to the effect of "We can never be 100% sure, but what we do know is that [what we believe to be truth] makes our lives better and we'd be lost with out."
May we all find something that brings us happiness and inspires us to live our lives better.
May we all find something that brings us happiness and inspires us to live our lives better.

3 comment(s):
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~Albert Einstein
Good post :-)
By
Anonymous, at
2/17/2008 11:07 PM
I guess different people have different definitions for happiness, but ultimately everyone wants to live a better life.
I often wonder what and where I might have ended up being if the restored Gospel had not been introduced to me when I was searching for truth.And I am glad that I am who and where I am today because of the truth I found.
May your days be filled with love, peace and happiness, Jerin.
By
Unknown, at
2/18/2008 8:51 PM
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-(Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
By
Jerin, at
2/18/2008 9:33 PM
Post a comment
<< Home